RECREATION AND PARK DISTRICT
Lake Rules and Regulations
LAKE CUYAMACA RULES and POLICIES
· $8.00 processing fee is required for all reservations.
· No personal checks will be accepted.
· All reservations must be paid in full at time reservation is made.
· The person registered will be responsible for the condition of the cabin/site.
· Reservations are not refundable due to weather conditions.
· We reserve the right not to rent to people who have broken our terms and conditions in the past.
Minimum Stay Requirements
· Two-night minimum stay required on Friday and Saturday night. Friday and Saturday night are always taken together.
· On three day weekends such as, but not limited to, Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, and President’s Day weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night must be reserved.
Maximum Stay Requirements
· The maximum stay is 14 nights.
· Individuals must fully vacate all Lake Cuyamaca campgrounds or cabins following the maximum 14-day stay.
· There must be a 30 day interval before the next stay.
Check-In and Check-Out
· Cabins: Check-in after 3pm. Check out by 11am.
· Campsites: Check-in after 3pm. Check out by 2pm.
· Reservations may be transferred to a later date with a minimum of 3 days’ notice prior to the original arrival date.
· A $20 transfer fee will be charged.
· No refunds will be given.
· There are no refunds or transfers for reservations that are shortened after arrival.
Minimum Age Requirements
By accepting a reservation, you acknowledge and agree that you are 18+ years old for campsite reservations or 21+ for cabin reservations and that you will personally be staying on the campsite or in the cabin.
Day Guests: Passes are $10.00 per day, per vehicle. Visiting hours are 8am-9pm.
· Cabin/Site rates include two vehicles.
· Limit of two vehicles per cabin/site location, including any guests.
· Bring your own bedding or sleeping bags, towels and anything you need for charcoal grill cooking.
· Sleeping Cabins have lights, electricity, windows and screens and use of campground restrooms and coin-operated showers.
· Sleeping Cabins have a covered porch, a ceiling fan, a picnic table and charcoal grill.
· No cooking is allowed inside the Sleeping Cabins.
All Other Cabin Rentals (Angler’s Retreat, Condos, Lakeview Cabins)
· Linens, bedding, towels, cookware and kitchenware are provided, however there is no daily maid service.
· Please wash all dirty dishes or there will be a $25 charge to your card.
· Use of shower, bathroom and kitchen facilities is restricted to cabin occupants only.
· Pets are allowed in cabins, but if there is any damage assessed, you will be held liable and your card will be charged to repair the damage.
· Linens (towels, sheets, blankets, etc) and cookware or kitchenware issued to each cabin will be counted upon your departure. Any missing or damaged items will be charged to your card.
· Tents are not allowed next to cabins.
· Keys must be returned to Tackle Shop or left in the Chamber’s Park or Lakeview lockbox. A $100 fee will be charged to your card for any missing keys.
· Any personal items left in cabins must be picked up at the Tackle Shop within 30 days of being left.
· Limit of two tents per tent site.
· Limit of one RV and one vehicle OR one RV and one tent per RV site.
· Quiet hours are from 9pm to 8am.
· Absolutely no body contact with the Lake by persons or pets is allowed.
· No wood fires are allowed anywhere on Lake Cuyamaca premises except Condo fireplaces.
· No loud motorcycles, cars, trucks or other vehicles are permitted. We reserve the right to determine which vehicles are too loud.
· NO smoking inside Cabins. If violated, your card will be charged $200.
· Any damage caused by you or anyone in your party to any Lake property will be your responsibility. Your card will be charged for the cost of repair(s) or replacement of the damaged item(s).
Campground Rules and Regulations
Use of these camping and recreational facilities is at the user’s own risk. The Lake Cuyamaca Recreation and Park District assumes no liability for injuries or property damage. These rules and regulations are established for the protection of District property and public safety. Violation of any rules or regulations will result in the expulsion of the violator from the premises. Lake Cuyamaca Rangers and Staff have full authority to enforce all Lake Cuyamaca Rules and Regulations.
1. Check In: Upon arrival, check in at the Tackle Shop next to the restaurant at 15027 Hwy 79, Julian, CA any time after 3pm. If you arrive after the Tackle Shop has closed, please proceed to your campsite or cabin and check in as soon as possible the next morning.
2. Quiet Hours: 9 PM to 8 AM. No radios or music, and no loud voices or loud noises of any type allowed.
3. Visitors: Check in at Tackle Shop - fees apply. Visitor hours are from 9 AM to 9 PM.
4. Lake Property: Visitors and Guests shall not damage or deface any lake property, and must observe all posted signs.
5. Lake: Absolutely no wading, swimming or body contact is permitted. This applies to pets, also. Lake Cuyamaca is a secondary potable drinking water source for Helix Water District.
6. Fires: No wood fires are allowed at Lake Cuyamaca with the exception of Condo fireplaces. No campfires or bonfires on Lake property. No DuraFlame type logs.
7. Pets: A maximum of 3 pets are allowed per cabin or campsite. Dogs must be kept quiet, out of the lake, on a leash & cleaned up after. Do not leave dogs unattended at your campsite. No aggressive dogs.
8. Garbage: Take all garbage to trash cans or dumpsters.
9. Children: Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children.
10. Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages must be used legally and responsibly. No drunk or disorderly conduct is permitted.
11. Drugs: Possession or use of illegal drugs is prohibited.
12. Picnic Areas: Personal barbeques and gas stoves are permitted only in areas with existing charcoal grills. Coals must be fully extinguished with water upon departure.
13. Speed Limit: Park speed limit is 5 mph. Caution - children appear on roads suddenly.
14. Car Washing: No RV or car washing.
15. Dumping: No dumping or draining of any holding tank is permitted. Violators will be charged and asked to leave immediately.
16. State of RV or Camping Unit: Camping privileges will be denied if a camping unit is unsightly, in a state of disrepair, or has offensive or unsightly graphics or paint design. The District has sole discretion to determine whether any of these conditions exist.
17. Smoking in Cabins: All Cabins are non-smoking. Do not smoke in cabins. If there is the smell of smoke in cabin after your stay, there will be a $200 charge placed on your card.
18. Drones: Drones are strictly prohibited. Lake Cuyamaca is a “No Drone Zone”.
19. Fishing: A Lake Cuyamaca Fishing Permit and a California State Fishing License are required by everyone 16 years of age or older in order to fish at Lake Cuyamaca. Children between the ages of 8 and 15 require a Lake Cuyamaca Fishing Permit only. Children 7 and under may fish for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult who is in possession of a California State Fishing License and a Lake Fishing Permit. Lake Fishing Permits and California State Fishing Licenses are sold at the Tackle Shop. With a Lake Fishing Permit and a CA State Fishing License, fishing is allowed from an hour before sunrise until an hour after sunset. Fishermen are responsible for knowing and obeying all State fishing laws, including catch limits.
20. Boating: Boat rentals and private boat launches are sold at the Tackle Shop. Persons desiring to make such a purchase must be age 18 or older and show valid identification. Any boat or kayak or fishing tube/fishing waders must be inspected by a Lake Cuyamaca Ranger before being launched onto the lake. This can be arranged at the Tackle Shop. All adult persons who are utilizing a rental boat must sign the liability release waiver. Any persons utilizing the rental boat under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign the liability release waiver before boarding the rental boat. Nobody under the age of 2 years is allowed on a rental boat. Persons renting boats are responsible for any lost or damaged equipment. Boats shall observe the “No Wake Rule” and all rules explained to them by Tackle Shop Staff and Boat Dock Staff. Abusive or irresponsible operation of any boat will not be tolerated. Inflatable boats, inflatable kayaks, rafts and other inflatables, sailboats, amphi-cars, and paddleboards are prohibited. Kayaks that are at least 10 feet long, not self-bailing and have seats for all persons inside are allowed. All boats must return to the boat dock at or before the time stated to them by Lake Staff. Life jackets must be worn by all children under 13 years of age. All U.S. Coast Guard regulations shall be complied with.
21. Youth Fishing Program: Any organized youth group with a prior reservation may fish for free if they perform at least one hour of community service at the lake such as trash pick-up. Each youth must wear a nametag with organization name printed on the tag. Members of the youth group who are 16 years of age and older must possess a valid CA State Fishing License. Accompanying adults must purchase a Lake Cuyamaca Fishing Permit and have a valid CA State Fishing License if they choose to fish. Upon leaving the lake, the number of anglers and the number and type of fish caught should be reported to Lake Staff. Photos are also appreciated.
22. Sleeping in Parking Lots: Sleeping in vehicles in parking lots is prohibited. Anyone wishing to sleep in a vehicle must rent an RV site.
23. The "Common Sense" Rule: If we discover that you or anyone in your party is doing anything disruptive, dangerous, or concerning that isn’t on this list, you will hear from us about it and may be asked to leave.